Mayabeque, Cuba: The health authorities in Jaruco call international travelers who arrive to the municipality to strictly comply with the provisions applied in Cuba, to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The warning comes after registering five positive cases imported last week in the municipalities of San José de las Lajas, Güines, Santa Cruz del Norte, Madruga and Nueva Paz.
Although there are no infections among travelers who entered Jaruco until November 27, there are violations in the movement restriction, established in the protocols issued in the country.
The International Sanitary Control Specialist, Dr. Idania Pérez González, said that if they remain in the territory for less than five days, the real-time PCR will be applied to one of their direct contacts in order to rule out the disease.
She stressed that the sanitary discipline of travelers, their families and members of the community is essential to keep the city free of coronavirus.
Dr. Pérez said that after the opening of the borders and until December 1, 141 travelers arrived in the municipality, the majority from the United States, where the rebound in infections is alarming in the last week.
Mayabeque, accumulates 36 positive cases of COVID-19 since the beginning of the stage of new normality, until December 6.